One common type of accident on Connecticut roads is the front end collision. This type of collision is also known as a head-on collision. If you think that you got involved in this type of collision, read on for more information. Here, I will talk about common damages to your vehicle from a front-end collision in Connecticut. I will also talk about common injuries that you might experience as the victim of this accident.
What Is A Front End Collision?
A front end collision happens when two vehicles collide from the front. The front ends of both vehicles must be involved for it to be a front end collision. If the front of only one vehicle is involved, it is likely considered a t-bone or rear end collision. A front end collision is a dangerous type of collision because it usually happens at a high speed. There is no absorption of energy or shock from the vehicles when they collide head on. Because of this, it could cause a lot of damage to your car and your body.
There are many different causes of head on collisions. A few common ones include:
- Distracted driving.
- Improper passing practices.
- Bad weather conditions.
- Driving under the influence.
- Failure to follow traffic laws.
Head on collisions can happen anywhere. But, there are a few places where these accidents are more common. They tend to happen on rural roads. This is because many rural roads don’t have a median to prevent cars from crossing over into oncoming traffic. Roads without medians in general are places where these accidents can occur. Crossing into oncoming traffic at high speeds can cause a terrible accident.
A lot of damage can happen from a front end collision. Your car might be totaled altogether. Or, there might be a lot of damage to your engine, windshield, and the front end of your car.
Common Injuries In Front End Collisions
You might also experience serious injuries because of this accident. A few common injuries include:
- Head trauma. Many times, the head is thrown backwards during a front end collision. This could cause whiplash or a concussion. If the head is whipped forward and hits the steering wheel, the injuries can be even more severe. You might suffer a fractured skull or another serious issue.
- Neck injuries. This could include whiplash, neck, and back pain.
- Spinal cord injuries. You could suffer nerve damage, a herniated disc, cracked vertebra, or other issues. These issues could be very serious, even leading to paralysis.
- Chest injuries. The force of your seat belt against your ribcage could result in damage to your chest. The airbag can also injure your chest. These issues could lead to broken ribs or damage to your lungs.
- Lower body injuries. Your feet and legs are the first point of impact in a front end accident. This leaves them vulnerable to breaks, muscle tears, and more.
Call a Connecticut Lawyer after a Front-End Crash
Front end collisions in Connecticut can result in very serious injury. If you were injured during this type of collision, you should seek medical help. If someone else is at fault, talking to a lawyer is in your best interest.