Damages – Connecticut Injury Lawyers
Home Phone


The state of Connecticut recognizes two different kinds of damages as a result of medical malpractice. The loss or harm that you have experienced as a result of the carelessness of a medical provider will be considered either economic or non-economic. While the compensation for both of these types of damage is the same, it is important that you understand specifically what type of damage you have been subjected to.

Economic Damages

Medical malpractice can oftentimes result in economic damages. The state of Connecticut considers economic damage to deal with specific costs that result from the negligence of healthcare professionals. This includes medical bills, physical therapy or rehabilitative care, and loss of earnings as a result of an injury.

Economic damage could also include the cost of an ambulance ride, x-rays, medications, medical equipment, and therapy. These types of damage are compensated by money paid by the offending driver to the victim(s). This type of compensation is easy to get because it is not difficult to prove in court that an injury, which was the result of the medical malpractice, resulted in medical bills, surgery, or time away from school. A personal injury lawyer will be able to strengthen your case and help your family receive the money that you deserve.

Non-Economic Damages

The other type of damage is considered non-economic. This form of damage can be more difficult to prove, however, you can still receive compensation in the form of money for non-economic damages. Non-economic damages do not deal with physical injury or bills right after your injury occurred, but in the distant future. If you experiences pain or suffering due to medical malpractice, your medical provider will have to pay the future medical expenses.

Other types of non-economic damage include emotional suffering or harm, the increased risk of a future injury or disability, aggravation of the injury, fear, loss of enjoyment, etc. Because non-economic damages are more abstract, it is not always easy to prove that they are linked to medical malpractice. As a result, if you feel that you are a victim of non-economic damages from medical malpractice, you should consult a personal injury lawyer. These lawyers will have experience with cases similar to your child’s and can help you to get financial compensation for your suffering.

Call us today to schedule a free consultation with our team. We fight for our clients throughout the Greater Bridgeport Area.

Call Us Today

Understanding Your Situation

While the compensation is the same for both economic and non-economic damages, you should become familiar with the types of damage associated with each category. This will help you understand what you are entitled to if they are the victim of medical malpractice. You might receive immediate compensation for economic damages, and in the future, receive compensation for non-economic damages. Understanding your family’s situation will help you to determine what you are entitled to.

Hiring a personal injury lawyer can also help you understand the facts of your case and get the money that you deserve. Because personal injury lawyers are experienced with cases similar to your own , your attorney will be able to build a strong case for your family and help you to receive money for medical bills or injury related issues.


or Contact Us Below.

Secure Your Future &

Request a 100% Free Consultation

Main Contact Form