Department Of Corrections – Connecticut Injury Lawyers
Home Phone

Department Of Corrections

If a person is injured while on the job, they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. This is referred to as “workers’ compensation.” However, in order to receive workers’ compensation, a person needs to work with their employer and follow the proper protocols to make sure that they are eligible and paid properly. This is the case for all workers, including those that work for the Department of Corrections in Connecticut. DOC workers who are injured on the job should follow the protocol outlined by the Department of Corrections, which has been reproduced on this page for your convenience.

Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim With the DOC

Corrections officers and other DOC workers that are injured on the job need to do the following things in order to be considered for workers’ compensation:

  • First, it is important that the employee immediately report the injury that they have sustained to their supervisor.
  • If a worker needs medical attention for injuries that they sustained, they should seek medical attention as soon as possible. They should also work with a physician that has been approved by the Department of Corrections. If a worker sees a physician outside of the provider network, the claim might not be accepted.
  • Once a DOC worker gets medical treatment, they will be given a worker’s status report from the physician that they visit. A copy of the report should be submitted to a supervisor. A copy should also be sent to the workers’ compensation unit at the DOC department. If, after the injury, the worker cannot return to work, they should also notify their supervisor.

A DOC worker that has been injured on the job should make sure that the following forms have been filled out, signed, and dated:

  • Form WCC-1A. This is a filing status and exemption form. This form must match the worker’s 1040 Federal Income Tax Return.
  • Form WC-715. This form explains if the worker wants to use accrued leave balances or not. If the form isn’t sent in, accrued time can’t be used after an injury. This means that the worker’s regular pay may be docked. Once a worker sends in this form and it enters the DOC database, it can’t be changed.
  • Form WC-211. This is the concurrent employment and third party liability form.
  • WC-207 and WC-207-1 forms should only be filled out by a worker’s supervisor.

In addition to these forms, copies of reports from any doctors visits as well as medical records should be sent to the workers’ compensation unit of the DOC. A delay in sending in these copies could mean that a person’s compensation benefits are delayed.
When a doctor clears a worker to return to work, the workers’ compensation unit should be notified before the worker returns to the job.

Call us today to schedule a free consultation with our team. We fight for our clients throughout the Greater Bridgeport Area.

Call Us Today

Call a Connecticut Lawyer for DOC Injuries

Navigating the workers’ compensation system as a Connecticut DOC worker can be overwhelming. If you need help with this process, consider contacting our office. We can provide further guidance. If you were injured on the job and the DOC is denying your workers’ compensation request, also consider contacting our office for help.


or Contact Us Below.

Secure Your Future &

Request a 100% Free Consultation

Main Contact Form